Monday 28 December 2015

Courtesy of New Kuta Hotel

Living in Indonesia is in itself a great opportunity to explore both the wonderful physical features as well as the wonderful artificial pieces of art, architecture and cuisine. The wonderful experiences you have there can't be considered complete until you go an extra mile to stay in Bali. True it is, that “to awaken quite alone in a strange hotel is a pleasant sensation the world has to offer”.

Living in Bali for more than five years with regular stays in different accommodations, I thought I had gotten enough of what Bali offers. It is difficult to get bored with Bali, indeed. There is always something new to enjoy in this spectacular place. They say “the world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page”. Well, Bali is a complete book, and therefore, this time, I decided to take my family for a weekend gateway in Pecatu area. 

We stayed at New Kuta Hotel for a night, and we had to stop for a moment to admire the sight in front of the hotel. My daughters had a hard time suppressing their glee, and who could blame them? Even we had a hard time believing that we were about to spend a night in this stunning accommodation. As the saying goes “one’s destination never a place but a new way of seeing things,” the hotel management made it possible for my family and I to not only see new things in the hotels but also to think outside the box.

We opted to stay in a family room, posh didn’t seem a good enough description for the place. Comfortable queen sized beds with fresh air conditioning greeted us. They provided three separate rooms, which means my daughters had their own space. After all the things I had seen, I felt some respite was required. Therefore, imagine my surprise when I found that the rooms had their own balcony overlooking the endless sea. 

This hotel has a spacious swimming pool with poolside restaurant and bar where we spent time there for hours on one lovely afternoon. The restaurant though is facing directly to a golf course and the azure sky, such a perfect spot to hang around especially during sundown hours. Tired with all the hotel facilities, the famous Dreamland Beach is only within a few steps away outside the hotel. 

At the end of my stay at New Kuta Hotel, I realized that “Travel is more than just the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in ideas of living.” In relation to that, as for me, I brought back the greatest bonding effect I have never realized between me, my wife and my daughters. That is something that money cannot buy.

free counters