Thursday 26 November 2015

Courtesy of NOW! Bali Magazine Featuring Ayana Thalasso Spa & Awarta Nusa Dua Spa

Health is the most important affair
As the saying goes, “Your health is your wealth.” Water is one of the free resources that humanity is blessed with. The availability of water to mankind is unlimited, but the same water can either make or mar your health. In relation to that, I recently hunted down water treatment therapy and found a couple of spas that provide this therapy in the southern part of Bali.

With sophisticated water treatment plants in place, Awarta Nusa Dua Luxury Villas & Spa ranks first on my list because their priority is to provide safe, clean and healthy water for everyday life. As I inquisitively asked to be shown the features that associate the spa with wellness, I was led to the water therapy section where I felt instantly connected. The section has been so well designed and built up in such a manner that I felt relaxed after the Kneipp therapy not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
 
The Kneipp therapy was not as tall of an order as I thought. I immersed my arms in the cold water halfway up my upper arm. Gently, I kept my arms moving while I was counting aloud so as to keep me from breathing fast. After just thirty seconds, I was instructed to warm my arms back up by moving them in a circular motion. After swirling my hands in the water, I moved on to my feet. With my feet completely immersed in water like a stork, I began to walk, removing each leg entirely from the water with every step. Afterwards, I pulled on a pair of warm wool socks as instructed.
 
Thalasso Spa at Ayana Resort is also great place to visit if you are around Jimbaran. A combination of a ritual that combines the sea minerals together with a unique “wet” facial and massage defined my Thalassotherapy experience at Ayana’s Thalasso Spa. As a staunch natural and alternative treatment advocate, it wasn’t such a big deal for me to make the decision to take part in this therapy. As I laid on the water-heated massage bed, my body, wrapped in highly concentrated seaweed, sent a chill down my spine. Soon, it was time for perspiration as a result of a speed up of the internal respiration.
Feeling the effects of the amazing Thalassotherapy, my body parts once again came into harmony with one another. As the therapist carefully applied the balm all over me and started doing what she knows best, it dawned on me how much my body needed this therapy.

Like an eagle perching on a branch after a long day of flying, I was feeling very relaxed after the therapy. As a wise man used to say, “Value all the time you have together as it may end sooner than you think,” I valued the time I had at the spas. I experienced a psycho-vegetative relaxation without the need of going through sessions with a psychologist. I experienced a great relief from stress, tension, the pain in my back, my muscles and even my emotions. A relief I never thought I would feel, even with help from the best physicians.

free counters