Saturday 5 January 2013

Marriage or Commitment?

Marriage. Such simple word to describe a commitment. For me personally, it’s kinda silly to jeopardize what you have with your partner based on one lousy certificate with your name on it. I don’t really believe in marriage. There, I said it. But it doesn’t mean I don’t have a perfect wedding dream. Well of course, when it comes to wedding there must be a marriage. The only thing that keeps bugging me is why people need to put labels on everything. Why they need to feel secure from a relationship by putting their vows into a sheet of paper? Can’t a commitment be enough to keep a relationship on going? Because in the end this isn’t a matter of the perfect vows that you write down or the proper procedure you must go through before stepping into the next level of life. I think, 100% sure, this starts from the feeling and ends with the feeling as well. I understand how strong I’m making this point. 9 out of 10 people will definitely strike me back with all their perspectives about commitment bullshit.
But, hey, it’s a free country. I have the right to say my own thoughts. I ain’t trying to be speculative or being a radical person. I mean if you think about it carefully and deeply, my opinion makes perfect sense. Sometimes people do things based on what other people do. They ain’t being themselves. They’re just too afraid to stand up and say out loud about something new. They prefer to stay silent and become followers of other people’s thought. It’s easier to be a safe player than a risk taker, I know. But then, no one had invented new spectacular gadget if not becoming a risk taker. And we’re still living in the Stone Age if some of us didn’t find anything better for mankind by being a risk taker. My point is, don’t be a skeptical person by seeing only inside the box. Let your mind open to any kind of imagination. It doesn’t hurt living outside the box every once in a while. Just taste a drop of it and you’ll be amazed to see what you’re really capable of. Well, here I am at my brother’s wedding. This is my thoughts about marriage and commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters