Sunday 18 October 2015

Courtesy of The Spa at The breezes

Traveling, even for the purposes of tourism, is by no means a relaxing journey. That is what I discovered to my dismay after I spent a long weekend in the rural areas of Bali. Those places rarely fall into the itineraries of tourists to Bali but they are beautiful nonetheless. In spite of their beauty, I was quite exhausted and in need of a long rest after my trip. My fellow travelers recommended me to visit a spa in order to restore my lost energy levels.

With that hope, I found myself standing in front of the Spa at The Breezes Resort in Bali. The very sight of the spa inspired a sense of tranquility and relaxation with its peaceful lily ponds and the charming streams. The treatments, I found, were Balinese in their origins and used creams and scrubs all made by hand. The clam that surrounded each activity in the spa told me one thing: I am at the right place.

I was handed a rather extensive menu of treatments to choose from. I would most certainly have opted for the traditional Balinese body treatment but my eye had caught sight of another intriguing treatment. It was called Ultimate Chocolate and Almond Body Treatment. Now, there is a reason why I have been called chocoholic. As the saying goes, ‘Chocolate is the health food for the soul’. It was this love of sweet chocolate that made me choose this particular treatment even though I knew I would not be consuming any of the sweet dessert.

The treatment did not disappoint. It started off with a foot bath. ‘That hit the spot!’ I thought to myself as the strain on my feet of hiking around the interiors of Bali began to wear off. The next part of the treatment greeted me with the mouth-watering smell of cocoa butter. It was the time for the body massage. As the cocoa butter was gently massaged into my skin, I allowed my thoughts to wander. My body began to feel much better and more relaxed than it had been for the last few days.

The body massage was followed by body scrub and the body mask. Chocolate was used for these treatments. I was almost tempted to get a taste of the chocolate. The feeling of being wrapped in glorious chocolate was almost too sinful. The last part of the treatment saw me heading off to the bath. However, it was not any bath but chocolate bath. I dipped myself in the chocolaty bath and, for the first time in many days, I felt completely relaxed. My entire body felt lighter as if a great burden had been lifted. However, my trip to the spa was not over. I had decided to indulge myself and get a lot of pampering. Therefore, I got myself a manicure and a pedicure. It was a thoroughly enjoyable affair.

It was only when I had reached home that I realized the extent to which the treatment at the spa affected me. I felt not only more relaxed but looked the part as well. Next time, I decided, I would opt for the Royal Touch Pampering Package. After all, it’s okay to indulge yourself once in a while.
free counters