Sunday 18 October 2015

Courtesy of Acqua Perla Spa

In Bali, there are many things to enjoy. There are fantastic beaches, spectacular sights, gourmet restaurants and exciting parties among others. I have been a resident in Bali for the last 5 years. While I had my share of the utterly enjoyable experiences that this remarkable place has to offer, I still need to work. Sometimes, even the sight of a majestic sunset on the beach is unable to get rid of the exhaustion that creeps over me after a hard day’s work. In such times, I find a trip to the spa does a lot of good.

This time, I decided to visit the Acqua Perla Spa at Seminyak. The spa offers an extensive range of treatments, each of which seemed equally interesting to me. After a lot of deliberation, I finally settled on the intriguing ritual named Detox and Revivify and booked a session for the next day. On my visit to the spa, I found the facilities to be quite good. There was even a gym along with Pilates and yoga classes. I made a point to come back for these facilities later.

As I prepared for the treatment, the attendant informed me that the course would be divided into two sessions. The first session involved the Journey Sensorial Hydrotrail Detox Therapy. The procedure did sound rather enchanting and romantic making me have high expectations. Suffice to say, the procedure did satisfy my initial expectations. This was followed by a Balinese Microcosm Massage which helped me relax. I realized how true the saying was: ‘Life is so much easier when you relax’.

This concluded the first session of the treatment. The second part started with a foot ritual. I had never realized before how much our feet is exposed to stress on a daily basis. The ritual eased the tension in my feet which felt much happier. It was followed by a Bali massage with scented herbs. The last part of the session was another intriguingly named Seven Chakra discs. The entire session helped clear up my body and spirit. I knew I was tired before I had entered the spa but this treatment showed how much tension had crept into my body. During the treatment, I was provided with healthy food and drinks along with something called Chi water. Either way, I felt more at peace with myself and the world after the treatment.

I decided to check out the other facilities before I left Acqua Perla at 66 before leaving. It is a good thing I did for I had almost missed out on a visit to the Resonance Chambers. Wrapped in a comfortable kimono, I entered the library type lounge. The music was soothing and I was served refreshments in no time. These chambers are meant to refresh the body at a molecular level with lighting sequences. My body felt like melted butter as I slid down on a cushion, closed my eyes and let the music wash over me. I recalled a Chinese proverb which I understood now: ‘Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.’

free counters