Monday 23 November 2015

Courtesy of Villa Oberoi

A Slice of Luxury
There is no dearth of places to stay in Bali. It is easy to find something to suit any budgets. I have stayed in backpacker rooms to hotels to hostels. While each has its merits, I decided to splurge the cash on my next visit to the gorgeous islands. Hunting for a luxurious place to stay, I stumbled upon Villa Oberoi. I wasted no time and called up my friends and three families got aboard the plane to Bali.

I felt that extravagance would be a new experience in enjoying the beauty of Bali and I was not disappointed. It started from the moment we stepped foot on Bali. Gleaming cars were waiting to take us to the villa. On reaching the villa, we had to stop for a moment to admire the sight in front. The kids had a hard time suppressing their glee and who could blame them? Even we had a hard time believing that we were about to spend a week in this opulent mansion.

We were cordially received by the manager, who took us on a short tour around the place. There are four bedrooms, each more splendid than the other and one cozy children’s bedroom. With every step, there was only one thing escaping my lips, ‘Wow!’ I regret to say that I didn’t pay much attention to the manager, who proved to be a gracious host throughout our stay.

Coming back to the bedrooms, posh didn’t seem a good enough description for the place. Comfortable queen sized beds, LCD TVs and air conditioning were common to all rooms, except the children’s room where single beds were placed instead of queen sized ones. After all the things I had seen, I felt some respite was required. Therefore, imagine my surprise when I found that the rooms had their own private garden.

After unpacking, the most logical thing to do is to jump in the pool. Yes, the villa has its own private pool! Surrounded by green trees, the bowl of blue waters was relaxing. It was only an hour or so in the villa but I was in love.

A remarkable thing about the Villa Oberoi was that it was in the heart of Seminyak, a bubbling tourist hub. Yet, inside, I heard no noises from the crowds. I decided to head out for lunch, even though there was a kitchen in the villa. I was in for another surprise. I hadn’t pay attention to the roads while travelling to the villa as I could barely contain my excitement. Now, I realized, the main hub of Seminyak was only a walking distance from the villa.

Within ten minutes, I had reached the beautiful beach. It was as lovely as I had imagined it to be. Later, I headed back to the villa. As my heavy eyes drifted off to sleep, I realized it was going to be an incredible week in Bali.

Coco Chanel once said that ‘Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury’. Keeping that in mind, I have to say that this trip was one of the most luxurious.

Villa Oberoi
Jalan Laksmana Oberoi Gang Inti Kulit Seminyak Bali 80361
Office : +62 8123837143 or +62 85231985423
http://www.lavillaoberoi.com

- www.sethlestath.com -
free counters