Saturday 26 September 2015

Courtesy of La Laguna beach Club

A Little Beautiful Place

I like to think that I am well acquainted with the popular places in Bali. Therefore, you can imagine my rude shock when my friend asked me if I had ever visited La Laguna Beach Club.

Therefore, I made the club my priority the next time I went to Bali. The path is a bit tricky but not impossible. There is a little dirt track that leads to the Berawa Beach and on that path I came across what seemed like a colorful village from a distance.

La Laguna Beach Club seems like a tiny nomadic village filled with quirky wood caravans and wagons. Each of them has been painted in bright colors. Together, they feel like a jumbled up colorful scene out of a gaudy painting but they seem to go well with the picture of the beach in the background. Trees and plants grow all over the place adding a deep hue of green to the already colorful place. It was a dizzying sight!

I was surprised to see that the actual restaurant and bar was much bigger than what I first thought. Of course, calling it a restaurant in the traditional sense is a bit of a stretch. The place is large and airy with windows painted with superb views of the beach. All around, there are small tables and cushions thrown over the ground. They are quite cozy places which makes the place all the more better. The scene was more than enough to make me feel comfortable all of a sudden

Then, I discovered the bridge. Yes, there is a wooden bridge that leads to the beach. It is a singularly photogenic place. I have yet to come across a bridge built near a beach.

I headed over the bar for a drink. The food menu is by no means extensive but the food was delicious. I grabbed a bottle of beer and began to chat with one of the servers. I came to know that La Laguna was created by the same people responsible for La Favela and La Plancha, two other popular hangouts in Bali. The bar was just as kitschy and lovely as the rest of the place. Colorful bottles and glasses decorated the bar. A random assortment of chairs in different colors and styles made up the seating arrangements.

Altogether, it seemed that the designs and arrangements were random. At first, it seems as if everything was simply out together without any sense of order. However, there was beauty in this chaos and disarray. I found that in avoiding fixed patterns and design rules, the whole place became more fun.

As I walked out of the bar, I was greeted by a pair of geese. It was an adorable sight but then I saw something more beautiful. A few peacocks were lazing about on a tree. One word crossed my mind, ‘Beautiful!’ I cursed myself for not visiting this remarkable place before.

As the sun set, lights came on. Suddenly, the whole place became cozier and lovelier. Someone once said ‘There is beauty in chaos.’ Standing there, watching the La Laugna Beach Club in the rapidly darkening sky, I realized how true it was.

- www.sethlestath.com - 
Joannes Rhino
Freelance Writer - Copywriter - Editor - Traveler 
free counters